forest

forest

Thursday, September 3, 2015

we are going to be okay.

I'm scared of being seen as vulnerable.
Scared of being seen as weak.

But I'm not strong.
..I cant be strong anymore

My tongue strangled around my helpless words.

I'm sick of feeling empty.

Sick of walking crowded hallways but feeling as if I'm the only one there.
How is it possible to still feel lonely when I'm walking along with thousands of others?

My mind is screaming but my tongue says nothing.
My mouth motionless.

Quiet.

I am not depressed. Just lonely.

I am not sad, just hurting.

I am happy..
at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I am confused but at the same time I know exactly what I am feeling
..and it hurts.

High school hurts.

Boys hurt.

Girls hurt.

3 am sleepless nights hurt.

Living hurts.

They say to leave a mark on the world,
and I've left mine.

I've left mine with each tear stain permanently etched into the fabric of my pillow.

With each heart aching, blood curdling, tear jerking scream into the coldness of the atmosphere.

I left my mark on the nights spent on the bathroom floor.

And the nights spent praying for something more.

My marks been left on the scars on my heart and the scars on my soul.

But I keep walking, and I keep trying.
And with each step I leave something more.
And as I stumble and as I fall my marks been made through the blood on the walls.

Crying has left me empty and cold.
My heart swollen, stomach twisted.

And I feel nothing.

Its dark.
And I am alone.

And as I stare out into the darkness
I lose myself in the confusion of my thoughts.

And I remember that its okay.

High School is going to be okay.

Life is going to be okay.

And I and you and me and us are going to be okay.

And I will be happy.
I am going to be happy.

And you are going to be happy.




8 comments:

  1. I loved every word that you wrote! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This 500 Miles song added a nice touch to this post.

    "And I and you and me and us are going to be okay."

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My tongue strangled around my helpless words"
    relatable and lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and easy to connect to! I love how you said it's 'going to be' okay. It doesn't have to be okay right now- and that's a hard thing for a lot of people to realize. You're so awesome! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt connected to you and the words.
    Plus "And I and you and me and us" is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is beautiful. Your music choice is also beautiful (500 miles by Sleeping at Last is one of my favorite)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is going to be okay... that coming from the swollen eyed, and twisted stomach is very inspirational. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete