forest

forest

Sunday, September 13, 2015

you forgot.

You told me you would never forget me.

And I think I died inside that day.
Because those words were worse than a thousand goodbyes.

Because the things you remember are the things that can be forgotten.
And the things you never forget are the things you only remember.
And the things you remember are the things you no longer really know anymore.

And just like that I was put into the back of your memories.
A memory you would soon replace with a new name and a different face.

Its 12 am and I still can't seem to forget you.

Youre not here anymore and I thought that would help.

But I still see you.

And every song on the radio seems to be written about you,

about us..

but mostly you.

Because there never really was an us, I just liked the way us sounded.

You're in my late night thoughts,
and morning and afternoon.

And I miss you.
I miss you.

And I miss me..
because I've lost myself trying to find you.

I lost myself by losing you.

You promised you would never forget me..


















but you did.

They always do.



11 comments:

  1. "Because the things you remember are the things that can be forgotten.
    And the things you never forget are the things you only remember.
    And the things you remember are the things you no longer really know anymore."

    are you serious? amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh unreal. Loved every part of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just want to keep reading your posts and i think someone should stop me

    (but i dont want to stop)

    ReplyDelete