forest

forest

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

thunderstorms

You live through the wind as you drift through my hair and tingle my spine.
The wind that brushes across my skin and leaves me breathless.
The wind that messes up my hair and leaves me restless.

You are rain.
And I swear you can take my pain away.
The smell of rain fills my lungs and I breathe you in. Never quite letting you leave.
And I can hear you. As you softly hit my windowsill I let you sing me to sleep.
You are the rain. And you are soft against my skin.
You are warm.
Each droplet lingering. And I can feel you.
Each touch everlasting and I remember.
I remember you.

And I remember that I am living.
but you forgot that you were too.

The wind doesn't feel the same now and the rain is getting colder.
The wind and rain once familiar, but I don't recognize it's touch anymore.
You forgot what you were living for and the gentle rain turned into a hurricane.

You are thunder and lightning

..but you've always been scared of thunderstorms.










6 comments:

  1. This is spectacular. I almost quoted the whole thing in the comments, because it was that good (I only didn't because I didn't want to be annoying on such a good post.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I would pick one thing, but I just love all of it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And I swear you can take my pain away." Agreed.
    And I love this poem

    ReplyDelete
  4. the rhyming and just the words you use. ahhh this was amazing i like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "sing me to sleep"

    for some reason this line stood out but i love the whole thing and im such a fan.

    bravo.

    ReplyDelete