forest

forest

Sunday, September 20, 2015

I don't drink coke.

There are things I wish I could change. Things I wish I could do differently.
If I were different I wouldn't be so short, and my eyes would be blue.
If I were different I would be a little more considerate and a little less loud.
If I were different I would think before I spoke and wouldn't drink as much coke. 
And if I were different I would never tell a lie, and I would have to be honest and tell you that I don't actually drink coke and that I actually just needed something that rhymed with the word spoke. If I were different I would laugh a little more and cry a lot less.  If I were different I would look to be happy instead of looking to be sad. And I wish I could look at a cup half full instead of seeing it as half empty. I would be nicer to my mom and tell her that I love her. I wouldn't be scared to go sit next to the girl sitting alone. 
I wouldn't be scared to be alone. 
If I were different I wouldn't care what others thought of me and I would do things for myself instead of doing it for someone else. 
I would be happy because I want to be happy and not because someone else told me to be. 

If I were different I wouldn't be looking for all the things I wish were different. I would be happy with me and happy with all of me. Not just the good but the bad, not just the perfections but the flaws and the insecurities, the weaknesses and the strengths.

If I were different I wouldn't be hiding behind a pen name.
If I were different I would be proud of who I was and how I've gotten here.
I wouldn't be Zoe
I would be me.

I would know that I am flawed, and that's okay.

6 comments:

  1. This was so good! I loved the format and the meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do coke.
    This was really good!
    Keep going

    Tosh

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I wouldn't be scared to go sit next to the girl sitting alone.
    I wouldn't be scared to be alone. "
    -This sums up high school

    And the part about hiding behind pen names. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didn't drink coke up until last week.
    I like your post & i like the look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete