forest

forest

Friday, November 27, 2015

welcome back.

I've been known to be a little loud
a little too sarcastic
a little too insensitive
and a little rough around the edges.

And I know that my attitude is a problem.
Mom I'm sorry I'll do better I promise.

And I've been known to be really good at overthinking
and really good at never feeling good enough.
Never feeling good enough for you
for her
for him
for me.

And so that's why I want to say thank you.
Thank you to Zoe for letting me speak whatever was on my mind.
For letting me cry through a computer screen
and for letting my heart bleed on these broken words.

Because I've learned that I am not as tough as I pretend.
As much as I hate to admit it I may even be sensitive.
And I think this class is to blame for making me soft.

And I realized that I am not Zoe.
And as much as I wish I could say I was Eva Peron
Atticus Monet,
Amaru,
or Courtney Rome.
Im not.
And I wont ever be.

Because I am sarcastic
and I say things I probably shouldn't.
And I am loud.
and a little too insensitive
and maybe a little rough around the edges.

Because I laugh the hardest at my own jokes
just to hear myself laugh.
Just to remind myself that I am happy.
And that there are still reasons to smile.
That there are still reasons to live.

So this is a goodbye to Zoe.
But this is hello to the real me.
A welcome back to the loud one.
The sarcastic one.
The not so tough one.

This is hello to McKelle.
McKelle Cahoon.

























21 comments:

  1. okay mckelle you are a legend.

    your writing has opened my eyes to a different side of things.
    you have a gift.

    FREAK.

    GOOD JOB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I've loved your blog McKelle, just like you I didn't see this one coming and that makes it even better, which is hard to do with your writing.

    ^I'm with Agnes, you've got a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wayyyy
    Hahaha I love you.

    "For letting me cry through a computer screen
    and for letting my heart bleed on these broken words."

    Really great reveal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is amazing! You've been one of my favorite writers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blog is unreal. and your reveal was amazing.

    you're so good with words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're blog is so great! And this was sooo good! This was beautiful Mckelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES MCKELLE :):):) i love you and you are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. this was mm mm gooooooooood. write forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "And I think this class is to blame for making me soft." unhhhhhh

    That's what I'm talking about.

    Lone Peak Creative Writing: softening hearts since 2010.
    Someone put it on a bumper sticker, quick.

    Nice to meet you Mckelle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mckelle you're incredible. I can't tell how many times you've inspired me and helped me see the world a little differently, a little more beautiful. your mind is a complex and amazing thing and i am so honored to finally meet you.

    p.s. i'm watching harry potter and thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Because I laugh the hardest at my own jokes
    just to hear myself laugh.
    Just to remind myself that I am happy.
    And that there are still reasons to smile.
    That there are still reasons to live."
    I related to this so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^ I literally copied and pasted the same stanza into the comments box. This is so amazing. You are so amazing. You always have been. I don't think you realize how much I look up to you, both Zoe and McKelle.

      Delete
  12. "Because I laugh the hardest at my own jokes
    just to hear myself laugh.
    Just to remind myself that I am happy."

    i love this. nice to meet you mckell

    ReplyDelete
  13. you will go down as one of the creative writing legends. great job mckelle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. woaahh. your blog is and has always been absolutely fantastic. nice to finally meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love you so much kell. And your writing is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. CURVEBALL. I still really like your writing tho:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally stalking your blog and it's so so great. Love ya mckelle

    Because I laugh the hardest at my own jokes
    just to hear myself laugh.
    Just to remind myself that I am happy.

    ReplyDelete