forest

forest

Sunday, November 8, 2015

lets fall in love

Our lives are built upon moments.
Moments upon moments.
And I think the hardest moments are the ones we know will never be repeated.
The ones that can never be recreated.
The moments that will last forever but only as a memory.

And the worst moments are the ones you know are going to be your last.
Maybe that's why standing under those Friday night lights made me a little too emotional.
Because in that moment I realized I was no longer the sophomore standing in the back
or the junior somewhere in the middle.
Now I was 18 years old.
18 years old standing in the front row,
standing in the cold watching her last football game.

And It was in this moment that time stood still.
And I realized that I don't want to count down the days until graduation anymore.
And that I'm actually not as grown up as I'd like to pretend.
It was in this moment that I realized I'm actually going to miss this.
I'm going to miss being 18 and carefree.
I'm going  to miss these moments.

Because these moments are going by too fast.

So can we please stop talking about how many more days are left until graduation.
And instead of talking about how many more "last times" we have together
can we start focusing on how to make these times last.
Really last.
Like tattooed across our hearts last.

Because I'm not ready to forget.
I don't want to forget.

Because I don't want to have to force myself to remember
to finally realize how good we had it.

So lets live in each moment.
Because we remember the moments not the days.

And let's fall in love with these moments together.
And maybe then we can fall in love with the days
and maybe then we can fall in love with each other.








7 comments:

  1. so good so good so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And I think the hardest moments are the ones we know will never be repeated.
    The ones that can never be recreated.
    The moments that will last forever but only as a memory"
    Realest post I've read all night
    #stolen #Top5Nominee

    ReplyDelete
  3. And let's fall in love with these moments together.
    And maybe then we can fall in love with the days
    and maybe then we can fall in love with each other.

    This is such a powerful and beautiful line

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And let's fall in love with these moments together.
    And maybe then we can fall in love with the days
    and maybe then we can fall in love with each other."
    mmmmhmmm I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete