forest

forest

Sunday, November 22, 2015

you ruined my favorite song.

And the songs each echo throughout my heart
and have never seemed to leave.
Because each song carries a memory.
And each memory carries a story.
And with each story carries each emotion
I ever felt with you.

And the emotions are stronger than ever.
The emotions are now stained across every
song you ever sang and every song you ever played.













And the emotions come the hardest with every
stupid breakup song. Because those are the ones
you always seemed to like the most.
And so I liked them.

I liked them because they were easy to remember.
Because for once I had something to remember.
Because you were so easy to forget.
So easy to lose.
Because I was so easy to replace.

















5 comments:

  1. "Because each song carries a memory.
    And each memory carries a story.
    And with each story carries the emotions
    I felt with you."
    #stolen
    This was so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Because for once I had something to remember"

    I'm happy I'll know who you are soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the title. i've had a favorite song ruined. it sucks.
    i can't wait to see who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the title to the last line, this had me captivated. Well done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete