forest

forest

Sunday, November 1, 2015

can i ask you a question

I've spent the last week

the last month

trying to get over you.

And it doesn't matter how many times I seem to google
"how to stop loving him"

because not even Wikipedia has a clue.

And I just want to ask how you've managed to do it.
To get over me.

Was it the girl you kissed last night?

Or the one before that

or the one before that..

because you seem to be doing just fine.

And I just want to know why its been so easy for you

and why its been so difficult for me.

And the best days are the ones when I forget to miss you.

And it might be because I enjoy all the late night drives more than
I've ever enjoyed the thought of you.

And I'm grateful for the music
because I think the music is finally tuning out all of the memories of me and you.
Of us.

And I think ice cream is the only way to truly numb the pain.

But these things only last for a moment.

Because the second I'm left alone with my thoughts
it all comes rushing back.

And I remember that you're happy
and I remember that I'm not quite there yet.

Not quite happy with myself yet.

And I don't think it's fair that just the sound of your voice
will cause it to start all over again.

That I will fall in love with you all over again.
and again
and again
and again.

And I just want to know
if you ever still think of me?

And all I want to know is what you did
and what you're doing that made you forget.

And I just want to know how you made it stop.

Because whatever it was

whatever it is

whatever you're doing

it must be working.

So this is me asking you for some simple instructions.
Because I just want to make it all stop.


9 comments:

  1. I like that your instructions post was asking for instructions.

    "I think the music is finally tuning out all of the memories of me and you" #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Was it the girl you kissed last night?

    Or the one before that

    or the one before that.."

    #stolenstolenstolen

    this was so great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is heartbreaking. But I love it. This post is amazing, the whole thing is going on my #stolen page

    ReplyDelete
  5. "And I'm grateful for the music
    because I think the music is finally tuning out all of the memories of me and you.
    Of us"
    So sad but so good! #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is my life. thank you for all of this. this is so good but so heartbreaking

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I remember that you're happy
    and I remember that I'm not quite there yet.

    you'll get there, i swear you'll get there. this post broke my heart and i think that may be because i consider you a blog bff and i just was to hug you through a computer screen and in real life too. sorry this comment isn't eloquent, it's just my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are for sure one of my favorite writers

    ReplyDelete