forest

forest

Sunday, October 25, 2015

insignificant

I fear the insignificant things.
The irrational things. 
Because maybe I'm just a little irrational 
and maybe it's because I'm scared of myself. 
Scared of what I'm capable of..
or of what i'm not.

I'm scared of being in love
but mostly I fear that I won't ever be able to know when I am.

I'm scared of promises.
Because broken promises are irreparable
because if I hear one more empty "I promise" 
I think I'll lose it.

I'm scared of the unknown
but not as much as I fear the known.
Not as much as I fear the past.

I fear the way you say my name
because I know that I'll do anything just to hear you say it.

I fear you'll see the way I look at you. 
I fear the way you look at me.
But mostly I fear that it isn't the same way.

I'm scared of being forgotten
only because I'm scared of having to remember 
what isn't mine anymore.

I fear being lost.
But I fear being found by the wrong person.

I fear falling and not having you there to catch me.

I fear that I'm trying so hard to reach you
to hold your hand
to see you smile
to make you laugh

but you're not there.

I fear that I wont ever be good enough.

Because all I've ever wanted was to be the right one for you.
And I'm scared. 

Scared that you won't feel the same way.

Because you're the right one for me
and i'm just trying to figure out how to be the right one
for you.
























5 comments:

  1. "I'm scared of the unknown
    but not as much as I fear the known.
    Not as much as I fear the past"
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I fear the way you say my name" #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. #notstolenjustadmired

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm scared of being in love
    but mostly I fear that I won't ever be able to know when I am."

    "because I know that I'll do anything just to hear you say it."

    #stolen&admired

    ReplyDelete