forest

forest

Sunday, October 4, 2015

love sick


I thought I knew what love was at 6 when you let me borrow your
favorite eraser.

And I thought I knew what love was at 11 when you hugged me during recess.

And at 14 I thought I knew what love was when our fingers intertwined for the very first time.

At 17 love suddenly became real.
Because this time you kissed me and you meant it.
And this time you looked at me and I felt it.

They say that i'm too young to understand what love is.
And they're probably right.

But I know that the hairs on the back of my neck must understand by the way 
they always seemed to stand on end at the sound of your voice.
And each goose bump that appeared by the touch of your hand was confirmation enough.

You used to say that love would set you free
but I think you lied.

Because every single day of loving you has only left me feeling stuck.
And this love sick feeling has got me feeling claustrophobic.
And the butterflies in my stomach are all dead now.
And my heart keeps beating but it seems to be out of tune
because only your hands knew how to play my heart strings.

They all said I was too young to know what love was and maybe they were right.

But I know that whatever I felt for you was real.


And if it wasn't love then it was pretty damn close.


7 comments:

  1. " and all the butterflies are dead now"

    " but i know what ever i felt for you was real"

    WHAT IS LOVE

    this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And the butterflies in my stomach are all dead now.
    And my heart keeps beating but it seems to be out of tune
    because only your hands knew how to play my heart strings.
    That is amazing writing! You're seriously one of my favorite writers to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "because only your hands knew how to play my heart strings."
    AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  4. no but in all seriousness, this is amazing. you're sooo meant to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. **vigorously snapping*** very well done

    ReplyDelete