forest

forest

Sunday, October 11, 2015

broken windows

The bricks used to come in 1's and 2's, and then 3's and 4's
but now they're coming in by the dozens.

They come with every second, every minute, and every hour.

For every late night spent wide awake
and for every single stupid heartbreak.

Its with each and every thought of you.

It's with every failed homework assignment and test retake.

Its with each miscalculation and misinterpretation.

And with each 3.68 not good enough for the honor roll GPA.
Because we all know that 4.0's have never felt the weight of a brick before. 

The bricks are thrown the hardest with the words "You're ugly" taped to the side.
Because although the bruise may go away the words are stained forever across your heart.

And my aching bones now resemble the shattered windows.
And my skin's now purple and bruised, because concrete was never meant to be soft.
And maybe that's why my heart is so hard now. 
Why my heart is so cold now.

So forgive me for being so unlovable. And forgive me for being so unforgiving.
Its just that I've been hit one too many times. 
And the bricks have all been laid.


































4 comments:

  1. loved it all. and the pictures too wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. The line about the words being stained across your heart--loved it! Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the forgive me for being so unforgiving it's super relatable

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And my aching bones now resemble the shattered windows."
    Freaking great post!

    ReplyDelete