forest

forest

Sunday, December 6, 2015

second thoughts.


And you didn't think.
You just pulled the trigger.
You didn't think about me.
You didn't think about the pain, the regret, or the heart ache.
You just pulled the trigger.
And left me alone to pick up the 
bloody pieces.  

But I would rather have this bloody wound 
than your blood stained hands. 
The blood stained hands still with a death grip on my heart.
And I would rather have this bloody wound 
than your ugly lips stained with all of your ugly lies.
Because this hole hurts less than your broken promises 
and my stupid wishful thinking.
Because this hole left in my heart hurts less 
than all of your mind games and manipulation.
And this hole hurts less than your pretty words
and hurtful intentions.

And I would rather have this open wound to remind me to be grateful.
To be grateful you are no longer mine. 
Because I was never really yours.

Because you didn't think twice about the trigger.
And you didn't think twice about the victim.

But don't you worry.
These wounds will heal.
And I'm going to be just fine.
Because baby,
I am no longer your victim.






8 comments:

  1. "Because you didn't think twice about the trigger.
    And you didn't think twice about the victim."
    #stolen
    Geez Mckelle this post was absolutely amazing!! For sure one of your best ones so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful what you did with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "and you left me alone to pick up the bloody pieces"

    woah woah slow down ms. talented

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmygosh freaking mic drop. uhhhhh

    ReplyDelete